Welcome to my blog! It’s great to have you here 🙂
You are probably on this page to know more about me; the person behind coach sofia fitness
I’m Sofia, your strength and fat loss coach. I created this website not just because I have a deep passion for health and fitness, but also to share my experience, and knowledge with all of you out there who also love health and fitness, but struggle with chronic pain.
Few interesting things to know about me 🙂
- I was born and raised in Casablanca, Morocco. At the age of 19 I came to Canada with nothing but two suitcases and a deep desire to build my life on my terms
- I live in Winnipeg, where winter temperatures get to -45 Celsius. YES I do wonder what am I doing here, every. single. day.
- I love hip hop
- I also love piano music and specifically Ludovico Einaudi. Seriously, if you haven’t listened to his music yet, do it. Like now!
- I am addicted to self development books. My perfect afternoon include a good book, a blanket and yummy tea.
- I can’t live without my foam roller, massage ball and spoonk mat #backpainproblems
- I fantasise about moving to Hawaii everyday. I think it will happen
- I skydived in Varadero, Cuba. Best experience of my life
- I love cooking, baking and trying out new recipes from Pinterest
- I can’t skate and I live in Canada
- I use a fork to eat sushi – I have no chopsticks skills
- I love the Hodgetwins. Those guys crack me up so hard
- I wrote an e-book and published it in Amazon.
- I am obsessed with Kombucha. It makes me feel like I’m on vacation.
WHY I CREATED COACHSOFIAFITNESS?
After I graduated from University with an environmental science degree, I knew I had to get certified as a coach.
What may be setting me apart is that I can relate to some of the things you’ve gone through – or maybe all of them. I got my share of weight gain issues as a teen, and I also struggled so much with chronic back pain that I forgot how being healthy felt like.
I know what it feels like to be in pain and have to miss out on life because you can’t move out of bed, let alone workout. I want to share everything that have helped me throughout this journey to not only show you how you can still get passed it and become healthy and fit again, but also motivate you to believe it is possible.
WHAT THIS SITE IS ABOUT
I want this website to be as useful, and helpful as possible. For this reason, you will never see any annoying ads, popups or anything that I feel can affect your experience on my blog. There are ENDLESS fitness blogs and youtube videos that gives you workouts; but unfortunately, without knowing how to workout properly, it can be so easy to hurt yourself or develop a chronic injury.
I sure will be sharing some out of the box workouts here and there, but my main topics are gonna be how to strenghten your body, and fix muscle imbalances. My training techniques have given me the best results while helping me alleviate back pain. Because if you haven’t been seeing results with the generic workouts or feel that you can’t workout because it hurts, chances are there is a gap that needs to be addressed (bad form, not enough intensity, bad nutrition, inconsistency…etc)
Checkout the free resources page!
If you are just coming out from few weeks of treatment or injury rehab, and you are ready for the next step, join the Lifestyle Detox challenge. I created this program to help you push the “reset” button and cleanse your life but it is also a simple way to get started without feeling overwhelmed.
We get too committed in life and there are all these external things that take a huge toll on our mind and bodies. So if you are ready to reset your life and start fresh. I invite you to enroll 🙂
How to get in touch with me?
If you download anything from the website, then you will have access to my email. The best way to get in touch with me is emailing me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope you have an amazing experience on my site, and I look forward to having you back here frequently, and also hearing back from you 😉
Certified Strength coach, fitness trainer, and holistic lifestyle enthusiast.
At a very young age, one of my passions was to read books on nutrition, self-development, physical exercise and holistic health.
My first interaction with fitness was through Step cardio DVDs and Pilates at the age of 14.
At the age of 19, I decided to embark on an adventure, on my own and pursue my University education in Canada away from my home city Casablanca, Morocco.
I pursued a greater understanding of health, nutrition and functional training. I went on to get my Bachelor of Environmental Science degree and Strength and fat loss Certification.
My background, knowledge and personal experience with back pain had me develop a unique approach to exercise, fitness and nutrition.
My strategy to fat loss is geared toward permanent long-lasting and organic results; by fuelling your body with the right foods and choosing the proper workout program and not through deprivation diets and spending endless hours every day on the same cardio machine.