Personally, and I’m sure you can relate, taking my supplements individually has been a real challenge. Lately I have been very creative with my smoothies and adding them to smoothies have been really helpful.
Two of the top supplements that I absolutely HAVE to take everyday are: turmeric and Aloe vera. I buy the MegaFood Daily Turmeric Booster Powder supplement simply because it is nicely flavored with fruit extracts and is simple to blend or mix in with juice and easily absorbed into the body. I am sure powdered or fresh turmeric would work just fine.
I started incorporating Aloe vera this year, after learning about the amazing benefits of its properties to help fight inflammation. Since then I have been taking it almost every day. The taste is not that bad if you prefer to mix it with water. I prefer to put about 3 tbsp of aloe vera gel in my smoothie and I don’t notice it at all.
What do you get when you mix in turmeric and Aloe in a smoothie? A Mega Super anti-inflammatory smoothie 😉
Turmeric aloe vera protein smoothie – the benefits
Here are some of the benefits of Aloe vera:
- Reduce pain and inflammation and stimulate cell growth.
- Natural laxative.
- Detoxifies your body.
- Gives your immune system a boost.
- Provides amazing skin care, and promotes skin repair.
You can read more about Aloe vera health benefits by checking out this article here from Health Ambition
and some of the benefits of Turmeric
- Combats inflammation.
- Fights rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ability to reduce cancer by destroying cancer cells.
- Helps manage gastrointestinal disorders.
- Natural pain killer.
Have I convinced you yet to introduce these two amazing super-power foods to your smoothies?
Turmeric aloe vera protein smoothie – how to make it under 5 min!
- Turmeric powder. I user Megafood daily turmeric booster powder, you can use any turmeric powder you have.
- 1/2 Banana
- 1 Pear
- 1 cup of cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of orange juice - just a tiny bit to taste
- 2 tbsp Aloe vera gel ( I also use Aloe vera juice sometimes)
- 1 spoon of collagen protein
- Blend all ingredients together. You can add more pure orange juice for extra sweetness if you'd like.
- Note - Choose organic ingredients whenever possible!
Do you know anyone who is also a fan of natural anti-inflammatory superfoods? send them this recipe.
I can’t wait to hear your feedback when you try this. Feel free to add your touch to this recipe!